Check out these beautiful pictures of the hawks that have made Glenolden Park their home!
attack mode bathroom break bath time eating lunch group hiding in flight
Petting hawk shy single hawk standing guard stretching taking off
Check out www.zazzle.com/urhere to see items for sale with beautiful pictures of the hawks on them.
Permits are required for Ball fields, Gazebo, Picnic areas and Organized Events.
Please call the Borough office for information or click here to download the appropriate form.
The park area runs along Llanwellyn Avenue between Gardner Avenue and the Interboro Sports Complex. In the 1900's the Scott family owned the land until they moved back to Philadelphia. Henry Scott continued to own and sell parcels of his Llanwellyn property until his death in 1932. His remaining undeveloped property was given to the borough in 1934 in lieu of back taxes and the Scott¹s property became the basis for today¹s Glenolden Park.
Rules and Regulations
The park of the Borough of Glenolden and all park property, equipment and facilities may be used only in accordance with the following rules and regulations:
- Park hours. The park is open for use only between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Ball fields. Ball fields may be used only by those holding a valid permit issued by the Borough of Glenolden.
- Park areas. No motorized vehicles, bicycles, scooters, skates or other similar vehicles or devices are permitted in any park areas.
- No ball playing is permitted in any park areas other than on designated ball fields.
- Littering anywhere in the park is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages. The use, consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages anywhere in the park is prohibited.
- Animals. No animals are permitted in the park.
- Vandalism. Vandalism to park land. trees, property or facilities is prohibited.